We are All Five
Our mission is to inspire learning through play for All Five years in a nurturing and respectful learning community. These are our beliefs in action:
1. We provide child-centered early childhood education as we believe that children’s development unfolds naturally when given a nurturing, respectful and interesting environment. We work with an emergent play-based curriculum as we know that young children learn through play and in relationships with others. Our daily work is based on a strength-based approach as we believe that each child is unique, curious, creative and a capable learner.
2. We value teachers, we take care of each other, work collaboratively and we are committed to continuous professional learning as we know that educating young children is complex work that requires self-reflective team, knowledge in child development and teaching practices and healthy teachers.
3. We celebrate diversity and encourage family participation because we appreciate that each family and child bring a unique presence to our community which supports and enriches our learning environment. We also believe that children learn best when school and family work together in a supportive environment.
4. We work together to build a strong community because we believe that nurturing and cohesive communities provide a foundation of knowledge, support, care and inspiration for children and families to flourish.
5. We take care and respect of our environment because we believe that nature provides infinite opportunities for learning and that we have a responsibility with our planet.
7:30am – 9:00am
Gradual entry and arrival. Healthy breakfast available, family style. Indoor and outdoor projects including block-building, painting, water-exploration, sand work, cooking, and clay manipulation.
9:00am – 10:30am
Continuation for projects and activity areas
10:30am – 10:45am
Optional healthy snack (usually served outside)
10:45am – 11:45am
Continuation of projects for the day (mostly outside)
11:45am – 12:15am
Circle times: music and movement, singing, stories and dramatic play, book-reading
12:00am – 12:45pm
Family style lunch
12:30pm – 1:00pm
Teeth-brushing, bathroom, get ready for nap, quiet reading
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Nap or rest and quiet time. This is handled based on individual needs of children. The time is approximate.
3:00pm – 4:30pm
Healthy snack served as children are ready, family style, with conversation and books, with further exploration of indoor and outdoor activities as above
4:30pm – 5:30pm
Children and teachers work together for clean-up and preparation for closing
Joy grew up in the Bay Area and went to SF State University. She lived in Japan working as an artisan and teaching ESL for many years. She found fulfillment in working with children there, so she pursued studies and work in Early Childhood Education from 2012 after her return to the US.
Kat has been an Early Childhood Educator for more than 6 years. She graduated in 2013 with an A.S. in Early Childhood Development at Cañada College and planning on pursuing a higher education. Her love of diversity came from her family's frequent moves from Singapore to the various states here in the US. She is also an organist and a choir member in her church.
Patricia was born and raised in the Bay Area. She has been in the field of Early Childhood Education for 4 years. She found her love of working with children and families through volunteer work while her daughters attended preschool. She now continues pursing her studies in Education. Patricia enjoys hiking, photography, reading and traveling with her daughters.
Kerry finds great fulfillment from teaching preschool children. She holds a Bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and a Master's Degree in Education from Stanford University. She taught for many years at a co-operative preschool before joining the All Five community. She and her family enjoy traveling, being outdoors and spending time with friends.
Stephanie grew up in the Bay Area. She has been in the of Education and Child Development for the past 9 years. She holds an A.S. in Early Childhood Development from Cañada College. Stephanie loves spending time with her family. On the weekends she enjoys going to the park, to the library and cooking with her daughters.
Carol is a Stanford-educated, 30-year veteran teacher. She has taught, directed and founded several early education programs including at Stanford’s Bing Nursery School, Stanford Sierra Camp, and at Head Start in East Palo Alto. She is a 2013 Silicon Valley Woman of Influence.
Director of Finance
Lynne is originally from New Zealand and came to the US in 2014 with her husband. Lynne brings financial and operational experience from her travels around the world. In the spring of 2016, she met Carol through a mutual friend and started volunteering at All Five. In Fall 2016, she joined our staff and is now responsible for our Finances.
Helen was born and raised in the bay area and feels very fortunate to be able to work with children and families. She has enjoyed spending the past 25 years in both teaching and administrative roles for preschools in the peninsula area. She loves early childhood and holds a Bachelors Degree in Child Development. You can often find Helen walking her dog on the coast, cheering for the Warriors, and patiently waiting for her adult children to come home for visits.
Gloria is originally from Guatemala and has lived in the Bay Area for more than a decade. Her daughter graduated from All Five in 2018 and now attends a Spanish immersion school with her older brother. Gloria keeps the classroom and school well maintained and supplied. Gloria loves cooking and gardening and she is now pursuing Child Development classes at Foothill College.